All Photos are copyright by Jo Bekah Photography 2010-2011 Do not COPY. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!
I'm hoping you all had a wonderful 2010! :)



I've been waiting for this day for a while because I was wanting to do a "365 Days" project this year. I attempted it last year and didn't last very long as it was quite challenging. I wanted to start all over again this year and try again. What is the 365 Project you ask? It is one picture, every single day. To me, the project should not just be any picture. What would the purpose of the project be if you didn't think about the shot? If you didn't really try? You would just be producing bad images and be disappointed in yourself and your photography. Last year, I just kept forgetting to take pictures, or just completely lost it creatively. This is why I want to do the project because it challenges me. You think it's too hard? Don't think you can do it? Than this is the project for you. It will challenge you to think outside the box. Instead of taking a picture of some random object, why don't you take a picture of something that really means something to you? I ask myself this same question.
If you decide to join me in the project yourself, comment and let me know. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

You can follow my project on my new blog that I created specifically for the project!

http://takingthechallenge365.blogspot.com

If you're on flickr- you can follow my project there!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jordaneaks

Thanks everyone - for a great 2010!! :)

7 comments:

Unknown January 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

That sounds awesome. I just might do it! I'm glad to see you posting again, I haven't heard from you in a while!

Kkly January 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM  

Count me in!

Vicky- January 2, 2011 at 6:43 PM  

I'll have to try that Jordan! Sounds fun!

Mary Lesh January 3, 2011 at 5:14 AM  

I am going to try this year. I, like you started last year but did not make it.
I started this year and although I took pictures new years day--with great results--my focus was not on the 365. I agree there must be a focus for this challenge. Last night I took a picture late in the evening because I had not taken a picture yet. I set up two different shots and posted the one I liked the best. The only problem with it--I settled. My son always tells me I have to stop settling and keep at it until I get the shot. I think he is right. I need to overcome the obstacles and stop settling. So this year I will focus on getting the shot. Even if I am shooting into the next day. The job isn't done until the job is done. So with 2 days somewhat wasted I will continue but with a focus!

Jo Bekah Photography January 3, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

Good for you guys! I'm so excited to see all of the results! :)

Anonymous January 3, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

Thanks for following my music blog! I am now following you, and am looking to reading along in your 365 challenge. Have fun! :)

Leah January 5, 2011 at 9:44 AM  

Awesome pic Jordan! I hope you keep up with the 365!

Followers

Total Pageviews

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP